What Are the Different Types of Manicures
Manicures differ from one another in their usage of various creams, oils and treatments. Some are extremely pampering, which can be great for tired, overworked hands, while others are simple yet effective enough to give you the glamorous nails you desire. Here are the various types of manicures to choose from:
- The ever classic French manicure is destined to give you the clean, gorgeous look you want. A French manicure features a clear, pale pink or beige polish over the entire nail, and white polish along the tip. The end result is healthy, vibrant and perfect for all occasions – you definitely can’t go wrong.
- On the flipside, you might consider the reverse French manicure, a look that really took off on the high-fashion runways in Europe before achieving mainstream popularity. The look is essentially a takeoff of the traditional French; in it, the “moon” of the nail is painted white while the rest is done in a darker shade. Another option is to simply reverse the colors; try an all-white nail with a strip of color along the tip. Popular shades for this look are black and wine during fall and winter, and yellow and pink during spring and summer.
- A paraffin manicure is a must for anyone with dry or overworked hands. Paraffin, or heated wax, infuses the skin with instantaneous moisture and leaves it smooth and supple. The manicure also includes a stimulating hand massage and finishes with a chic basic manicure. Some paraffin treatments include the addition of various oils, like grape seed, for extra moisturizing benefits.
- A European manicure is quite simple, but pampering nonetheless. The hands are typically soaked in a soothing blend of herbs and water, shaped to perfection and polished with the color of your choice.
- If you’re dreaming of something ultra pampering or want to give a great gift to an overworked pal, consider a hot stone manicure. This indulgent treatment includes all of the delights of a basic manicure, plus the addition of heated stones, which are placed over the hands to provide relief and comfort.
Manicure is not just a matter of fashion these days. Now it is considered as a symbol of personal hygiene and status. A good looking hand is always attractive to everyone. That is why now there are different types of manicure services available in the nail salons and spas. The choice of your manicure treatment depends on your requirement and preference. Some common and popular types of manicures available in NYC are:
This is a classic type of manicure that generally features the use of light colors. A clear or ivory colored nail polish is used to paint the body of nail and white color is applied at the top. The shape of the nail may be round, square or oval depending on client’s choice. This type of manicure is generally preferred by those who like to have a light fashion.
This is one of the advanced manicure treatments available is spas and nail salons. Warm wax is applied to the body of the hand, wrist and nail. It helps your hand skin to become soft and smooth. It also improves the moisture condition of the body part.
Hot stone manicure
This is an integrated manicure treatment. It involves a hand massage and application of hot stone therapy. It improves a gorgeous look of your hand and makes it soft and smooth.
It is a natural type of manicure that uses no chemical or artificial paints or polish. In this treatment the nails are shaped into different shape. It uses sharp tools so extra care should be taken during this treatment.
This is a complete manicure treatment. It includes all hand treatment that is necessary to beautify your hand. It includes a hand massage, paraffin wax, and heat treatment, moisturizing and softening. Sometimes additional services are included depending on client requirement.
This manicure service is specially provided in spas that include a complete hand care. It provides all the necessary nail care including additional steps like hydrating mask or an aromatic salt rub.
Peppermint Sea twist manicure
This manicure treatment is done with freshly harvested peppermint with essential oil and gel. It helps to give your hand a young look and purifies the hand skin.
Opi soak-off gel manicure
Opi soak-off gel is a natural nail care gel product. It is used in most of the nail spas for advanced nail care. This gel is applied to the nail tip and it lasts for as long as almost 2 weeks without any crack or chip. This outstanding nail fashion is available in top class nail care salons.
This is a natural nail treatment method that includes no use of chemicals, creams or water. Specially lined gloves are used to soften and moisturize your hand. This treatment helps to grow and strengthen your nails.
Shellac Gel manicure
Of all types of gel manicures, Shellac is the most advanced type and is called hybrid gel manicure. One positive side of Shellac is it does not require the soaking of nails in an Acetone bowl. It lasts for two weeks and does not involve glue or fake nails. The gel coats are applied directly on your nails and after each coat the nail has to be placed under UV lamp to dry it off.
Nail industry is ever evolving and new nail fashion and products are coming everyday. Not all get the attraction, one that did recently is Velvet manicure. It gives your nails a matt finishing with the help of velvet fiber. This manicure comes in three colors, Berry Poncho, Blue Suede, and Mink Cashmere. Velvet manicure is less expensive and a lot easier to put on then gel manicure. If you always admired velvet and matt color, then this is something you must try.
There are also some other types of manicures available which are not mentioned here. You may find a few special type of manicure only available in particular nail salons. You may choose your desired manicure treatment according to your requirements. But one thing should be considered that as it uses sharp edged tool, extra care should be taken and it is better to get manicure done from someone who is an expert in this service.